Ask any small business In the name of a type of accounting or bookkeeping software the owner or accountant and QuickBooks will probably be one of the first products that comes to mind. QuickBooks has been on the market for over 20 years and has become more robust and popular over time. The resources in this guide can help you learn QuickBooks and tailor it to the needs of your business.
QuickBooks is a software package that helps companies perform bookkeeping, accounting, payroll, inventory tracking and other financial functions. QuickBooks can also be used to prepare financial statements and reports.
QuickBooks was developed with a simple program called Quen and both were developed by software company Intuit.
Intuit also comes on the market for QuickBooks’ cousins, including QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Self-Employed, QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping, QuickBooks Desktop Pro and QuickBooks. QuickBooks Desktop for Mac: There is also an Apple version.
QuickBooks is available on a subscription basis. Prices start at $ 15 per month for the self-employed version with limited functionality, while the most highly upgraded version costs $ 150 per month. Intuit offers a free 30-day trial period and discounts for the first three months or one year, depending on the product and promotion period.
QuickBooks is used by business owners, accounting managers, investors, and bookkeepers, among others.
Real estate investor Dustin Singer of Dustin Buis Houses in Pittsburgh says his company uses QuickBooks on an almost daily basis.
“We constantly have new receipts and expenses being uploaded, sales and profits being recorded, profit-loss and balance sheet reports being monitored, and new assets being added,” Singer says Huh. “QuickBooks allows us to save hours to avoid spreadsheets. Expense organization. We can store all of our receipt information digitally for easy access.”
Terry Saracino, an accountant at Pinnacle Virtual Services and consultant to Certified QuickBooks in Hamburg, New Jersey, uses QuickBooks and QuickBooks Enterprise desktops for his clients.
Examples of tasks they perform include tracking inventory, establishing rules for recurring transactions, preparing customized reports and ensuring everything for tax preparation at the end of each accounting period.
Saracino says that QuickBooks is efficient, enables it to collaborate with its customers and integrates well with other platforms to help keep each customer. Financial picture Accurate and to date.
“Not only does QuickBooks have its own payroll platform and time tracking, it also gives many other payroll vendors the ability to download that information directly into QuickBooks Online,” Saracchino says.
Inuit and other companies provide resources for beginners to learn QuickBooks and to master more advanced tasks. Before you start learning QuickBooks, it is helpful to learn some basic computer skills, such as how to access online courses, and have at least a beginner-level accounting practice and terminology knowledge. Alternatively, you can pick up these skills as you learn QuickBooks.
Create a Foundation with QuickBooks Tutorials, Training and Support
Intuit offers an array of free online resources to help you learn QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Support. Search through over 500,000 online articles for information on how to learn and use QuickBooks. Topics include how to set up banking, establish customers and vendors, customize reports, and pay expenses and bills.
- QuickBooks Small Business Webinar. Intuit offers weekly, live-streamed one-hour webinars that will help you learn the basics of QuickBooks. Topics include getting started with QuickBooks Payroll; Manage sales, invoices and customers; And managing expenses, bills and vendors.
- QuickBooks Community. Find answers, tips and inspiration from other QuickBooks users.
- QuickBooks Blog. Learn what’s new in QuickBooks.
Try third-party QuickBooks training sites
Other companies also provide resources to help you learn QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks explained. Six online tutorials, posted in 2018, help you learn the basics of QuickBooks.
- FreeBookkeepingAccounting.com. This free online tutorial explains some QuickBooks basics.
- Quick bookkeeping. This 27-minute video introduces QuickBooks.
- Fit small business. These 39 short videos highlight the basic functions of QuickBooks.
- Bottom line accounting solution. This six-week workshop focuses on the QuickBooks inventory module.
- “QuickBooks 2021 for Dummies. “This book by Stephen L. Nelson is $ 26.99.
- Practical accountant. This accounting webinar series includes occasional updates about QuickBooks features and functions.
- Woodard. The company provides webinars for small-business accountants and bookkeepers. Topics include comparing QuickBooks Online Advanced and QuickBooks Enterprise. Members can request access to recordings and handouts.
Consider taking an online QuickBooks course
Many online learning companies offer QuickBooks courses.
With all the resources available from Intuit and others, you may not need to take online courses to learn QuickBooks. However, some may prefer the structure of a QuickBooks class.
If you own a small business, your bookkeeping service or CPA firm may be ready to help you get started with QuickBooks and learn how to work specific with your bookkeeper or accountant. Will be
Quick is a simplified version of QuickBooks that helps people manage their banking, investment, retirement and credit card accounts. This personal financial management program may be too restrictive for businesses to use.
Freshbooks are an alternative to QuickBooks that can be a good fit for freelancers, self-employed professionals, and small businesses with employees or contractors. Freshbook Lite, Plus and Premium packages may be lower than QuickBooks depending on the package.
Zero is a cloud-based accounting program designed for small businesses. According to the company’s website, Xero integrates with more than 800 other apps and programs, including PayPal, Squarespace, Bill.com and Shopify. Pricing can be compared to QuickBooks or Freshbooks depending on the package.
Matthew Fulton, co-founder and CTO of Parkway Business Solutions in Ventura, California, is familiar with several accounting platforms as his company designs bookkeeping and payroll services.
“While Zero and FreshBook provide great platforms, we find that their features are underdeveloped compared to QuickBooks,” Fulton says.
Before you start learning QuickBooks, you may want to schedule a study schedule, join a Meetup or Facebook group, or coordinate with your accountant or CPA. Or you may want to just dive in and start with the many resources available.
“If you’re watching QuickBooks for the first time, check them out test drive “Eats to familiarize ourselves with all the features,” says Fulton. “If you set aside 15 to 30 minutes a day to learn something new in QuickBooks, you’ll have mastered the program before you know it.”