Wed. Apr 21st, 2021

NASHVILLE, TENNEY. (AP) – The latest Nashville city bombing on Christmas Day:

A head office in Tennessee The driver of a box truck who was heard playing audio at a convenience store outside Nashville has been jailed on felony charges.

The Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office says a church member and customers at a nearby market, where the white box truck was seen Sunday morning, had the audio “similar before the driver exploded into a recreational vehicle in Nashville Christmas day Was heard “.

Sergeant. Steve Craig says Duties was called to check on reports of audio “loud noise” by the truck driver outside the market, and it was later discovered that the man was also outside the church during a service Was charged with the kind of action.

The sheriff’s office said in a statement that 33-year-old driver James Turgin has been detained and charged with two counts of felony filing a false report and one count of tampering with evidence. Officials say Turin received allegations of tampering with evidence, as he “intentionally damaged the wiring speaker system.”

The Tennessee Highway Patrol has stated that a robot was sent to investigate the truck and no equipment was found.

Officials said Tarzan is being held on a $ 500,000 bond.

A sheriff office in Tennessee says federal and state officials did not discover a device after investigating a “suspicious” box truck at a convenience store outside Nashville.

The Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office said in a social media post Sunday night that dispatchers received a call about a white box truck at a Rutherford County market around 10:30 p.m. Officials say the audio was playing “as it was heard” earlier. A recreational vehicle exploded in Nashville City on Christmas day.

Law enforcement officers closed a section of the highway in neighboring Wilson County as officers sent a robot out to investigate.

“No device was detected,” said Tennessee Highway Patrol Lt. Bill Miller.

Authorities say the driver left the parking lot and was pulled over by officers.

Rutherford County Sheriff Mike Fitzhugh says the investigation is ongoing.

The Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives says experts worked with the State Highway Patrol at the scene. The FBI and other local agencies also assisted.

AT&T says it is making progress in its round-the-clock efforts to restore service by bombing Christmas Day in Nashville.

The company suffered extensive damage in Tennessee and other states after a bombing in a recreational vehicle near one of its facilities in downtown Nashville.

CEO Jeff McElfresh said in a statement that 96% of its wireless service has been restored, with AT&T owning 60% of its business services and 86% of the company’s consumer broadband and entertainment services. He says the company aims to restore all service by the end of Sunday.

The facility in the blast was severely damaged by the explosion, and there was fire and water damage that led to a variety of backup power generators. Service was disrupted in parts of Tennessee, Kentucky And Alabama.

Officials say they believe the person killed in the explosion was the person responsible for planting the bomb. He was identified as 63-year-old Anthony Quinn Warner.

Authorities say a man suspected of installing a bomb in a recreational vehicle died in a blast on Christmas day in downtown Nashville.

US Attorney Don Cochran on Sunday identified the suspect as Anthony Quinn Warner.

Investigators said they used DNA to identify the remains as Warner. The FBI said that they also matched the vehicle identification number of the RV for registration related to Warner.

Federal agents and police searched a house in suburban Nashville linked to Warner.

Officials did not immediately provide details about a possible motive.

Douglas Kournsky, the special agent of the FBI’s office in Memphis, said there was no sign apart from Warner involved in the bombings. Three people were injured and dozens of buildings were damaged.

Authorities in Tennessee closed a road east of Nashville after stopping a truck before exploding into a recreational vehicle in downtown Nashville on Christmas day, which they said was being heard “similar to audio” .

The Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office said on Twitter that law enforcement officers closed a section of the highway in Wilson County east of Nashville to investigate a white box truck parked on the side of the road. A robot was dispatched to check the vehicle as officers were monitoring the situation.

Sheriff’s officials said the truck was playing audio when the truck was parked at Walter Hill’s intersection market around 10:30 p.m. The driver left the parking lot and was pulled over by duties in nearby Wilson County. Authorities said the driver has been detained by law enforcement.

A dispatcher from Wilson County said the road that was closed was Murfreesboro Road between Cedar Forest Road and Richmond Shop Road.

Deputies said that they had also evacuated the residents of the area as they continued to investigate.

Before the RV flew, it recorded a warning called for people to evacuate and then recited Petula Clarke’s 1964 song “Downtown”. Sheriff’s officials did not specify what the box truck was playing.

Nashville Police say a Tennessee man named Anthony Quinn Warner has been investigated in connection with the bombing on Christmas Day that took place in downtown Nashville.

Don Aaron, spokesman for the Metro Nashville Police Department, confirmed Warner’s identity Sunday. Federal and state investigators are trying to determine who installed the bomb inside a recreational vehicle on Friday morning, injuring three people and damaging more than 40 businesses. They are also working to identify human remains found at the scene.

Separately, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press that federal investigators have begun investigating Warner’s digital footprint and financial history. They are also investigating a recent deed transfer to a home in suburban Nashville.

Officials could not discuss the matter publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

The official said forensic analysts are reviewing evidence collected from the blast site to try to identify the components of the explosives and also review information from the US bomb data center for intelligence and investigative clues.

Federal agents are investigating several potential leads and pursuing several theories, including the possibility that the AT&T building was targeted. This bomb affected communication in many states.

AT&T says it is re-serving to other facilities as the company works to restore a building after the bombing in Nashville City on Christmas day.

The company said in a statement on Sunday morning that mobile services have been restored in many areas affected by the blast. The company says that it is bringing in resources to help recover affected wireline voice and data services and hopes to place 24 additional trailers of disaster recovery equipment on site by the end of the day.

The building’s commercial electrical connections were damaged and forced into force after a bomb was planted in a recreational vehicle nearby on Friday morning. Customers lost communication not only in Tennessee but in states including Kentucky, Alabama and Georgia.

The company says power has been restored to the four floors of the building. While three feet of water was drained from the basement of the building on Saturday, access to the lower floors is still limited. Elevators, beams and columns and the facade of the building were also damaged.

Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This content may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *