Home improvement loans help you finance renovations, updates and repairs that can add value and enjoyment to your home. Many homeowners are making alterations big and small and seeking home improvement financing for them as the coronavirus pandemic means needing space for work and school at home.
If you’re looking for a way to pay, you’ll first need to understand how home improvement loans work and compare financing options. This guide covers home improvement loan types, costs, qualification requirements and steps to choose the best home improvement loans.
If you’re ready to finance home improvements, start here. What you’ll learn:
- What is a home improvement loan?
- What type of home improvement loan is best?
- How can you get a home improvement loan?
- How can you choose the best home improvement lender?
What Are the Best Home Improvement Loans of 2020?
Before You Apply
- Mortgage types: ARMs, conventional, FHA, home equity loans and HELOCs, jumbo, refinance, USDA, and VA
- Minimum FICO credit score: 500
- Maximum loan amount: $2.5 million
- Better Business Bureau rating: A+