Senior citizen exemption
Senior citizens can avail of exemption Reduce your retirement costs And free funds for other activities. “Every dollar can really add up. When looking for a discount, always keep your identity, as some places will ask you to look for a form of ID so that,” says RetailMeNot’s shopping and trend expert, Sarah Skibol. You can check that you have arrived. ” Qualifying senior relaxation age prior to implementing any promotion. The amount you save may depend on factors such as Your age Or whether you use a discount on a certain day of the week or month. “Some discounts and offers are only available for specific dates or times, and age requirements vary from place to place,” says Skirbol. Here is a list of great deals for senior citizens.
Restaurant Senior Discount
Promotions for seniors in restaurants may only be available on certain days of the week or at certain locations. Julie Ramholle, a consumer analyst at DealNews.com, says, “Many restaurants have senior menus, but if you dine often you can’t take anything like 5% or 10% off.” See senior discounts for these restaurants:
- 10% off for seniors and free drinks to attend Arby’s locations.
- Denny’s 55-plus menu, which offers discounted prices for seniors.
- Discounts on drinks and coffee at McDonald’s locations.
- IHOP’s 55-Plus Menu, offering deals for seniors.
- The Outback Steakhouse offers 10% discount to AARP card holders.
Retail senior discount
Some retailers offer a senior discount on a specific day, such as every Wednesday or the first Tuesday of the month. “Plan before you go,” says Lindsey Weeks, deputy editor at the Brads Deal. For these retail senior discounts, see:
- Amazon Prime: Offers a discounted membership to people with a Medicaid card.
- Kohl’s: Offers a senior discount of 15% on every Wednesday.
- Michaels: 10% off every day, including sale items, for those 55 and older.
- Ross Stores: 10% off for seniors every Tuesday.
Grocery store senior discount
Supermarket deals for seniors often vary from place to place and may only apply on certain dates. Check with your local branch to know about specific senior discounts in your area. Keep an eye out for the following grocery stores senior discounts:
- BI-LO: 5% off on a special day at participating locations.
- Fred Meyer: A 10% discount on select items is included on the first Tuesday of every month for those 55 and older.
- New Sessions: 10% discount on select items to senior citizens on Wednesday.
- Hy-Vee: Seniors 5% discount on participating locations on Wednesday.
Hotel Senior Discount
Some hotel chains offer discounted rates for seniors, although you may have to look for them. “Sometimes you can make a booking directly on the hotel website to get this rate, but other times you may have to book something special for a particular hotel, like the AARP page,” says Ramhole. Some notable hotel senior discounts:
- Best Western: Seniors can save up to 15% when booking a reservation.
- Cumbria Suites: Up to 10% off those 60 or older and AARP members with advance reservation.
- Choice Hotel: More than 10% off on grants and advance reservations to AARP card holders and those 60.
- Marriott: Offers a discount of 15% or more to people 62 and older living at participating locations.
Car rental discount
Before renting a car, ask for discounted rates for people above a certain age. Look for these car rental deals for seniors:
- Avis: AARP members can save up to 30% off the Avis base rate.
- Budget: Up to 30% off at participating locations for AARP members.
- Sixth: Offers 5% discount for seniors.
- Frugal: 5% off for those 50 and older.
- Hertz: Up to 20% savings for passengers 50 and over.
Airline senior discount
In addition to the miles you can deposit via credit card, check with airlines for senior deals before making a purchase. See senior discounts for these airlines:
- British Airways: AARP members can receive up to $ 200.
- Delta: Senior discounts are available in some areas and verified over the phone.
- United Airlines: Offers discounted prices to select destinations when booking flights to older passengers.
Travel senior discount
Museums, parks and historical sites offer special deals Senior tourist. When visiting, be sure to have an ID on hand. “You won’t always need to show proof, but you should at least be prepared,” says Ramhole. There are several travel discounts for senior citizens:
- America The Beautiful Senior Pass: $ 20 for annual senior pass or $ 80 for lifetime, Which can be used National Park And federal recreational land.
- Amtrak: 10% off most rail fares for seniors.
- Art Institute of Chicago: Seniors 65 and older get $ 6 off.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City: $ 8 discount on ticket prices for seniors.
- National Baseball Hall of Fame: $ 5 discount on entry for seniors.
Cellphone senior discount
If you are shopping for a cellphone plan, look for an allowance for seniors. Before signing, “read the fine print,” says Skirbol. Make sure the plan details fit your lifestyle and specific needs. Here are several cellphone senior discounts to consider:
- AT&T: Offers a Senior Nation Plan for those 65 and older.
- Consumer Cellular: 5% discount on usage and monthly fees for AARP members and 30% discount on select goods.
- Sprint: Unlimited 55+ plans offer exclusive deals for seniors.
- T-Mobile: Offers several 55+ plans for seniors.
- Verizon: Special offers are available for those 55 and older.
Health senior discount
Check what you are currently spending on health-related expenses and find ways to save each item. You can often get discounts on items needed to manage your health conditions. look at these Prescription medicine And health care senior exemption:
- AARP Prescription Savings: Members and nonmembers can save on FDA-approved prescriptions covered by insurance.
- Lenskarters: Vision-related discounts available to AARP members.
- RiteAid: offers a Wellness 65+ program for seniors that includes 20% off shopping on the first Wednesday of each month and a free consultation with the pharmacist.
- RxFreeCard: Includes discount on prescriptions for seniors.
- Walgreens: Offers seniors 20% off on select days.
Cruise senior discount
It is best to call the cruise line before booking to see what is currently available, as some will not advertise specific deals on their websites and may have special offers. Be on the lookout for these cruise senior discounts:
- Carnival: Offers cruises for seniors at a reduced rate, although exact prices depend on sailing dates and destinations.
- Celebrity Cruise: Deals on cruises designed for seniors.
- Norwegian Cruise Line: Includes up to $ 100 off select cruises for seniors.
- Royal Caribbean: Special pricing is available on select cruises 55 and older.
Updates On Jan 13, 2021: This story was published at an earlier date and has been updated with new information.